Top Ten AC Summer Maintenance Tips
It’s summertime! And, you know what that means. It’s time to make sure that you’re properly maintaining your air conditioning unit! After all, this would be the WORST time for your AC to stop working. Here are our top ten AC summer maintenance tips:
- Remove Debris from Your AC. It’s important to make sure that you clean out the leaves, dust, and other debris from the interior of your air conditioner.
- Clean Your Filters. Cleaning your filters is one of the most important parts of AC maintenance. At least once per month, set aside time to do so.
- Change Your Filters. If your filters are old or you notice that they’ve begun to collect more debris than normal, it may be time to change them.
- Clean Area Around Your Outdoor Unit. Keeping the area around your AC unit clean is just as important as keeping the inside clean!
- Clean the Evaporator Coil. Use a soft brush to dust off your evaporator coil from time to time, to keep your AC functioning.
- Change the Blower Filter. Change your filter at least twice per year, if not more.
- Clean the Fins. You should spray your fins with water occasionally; this helps keep debris at bay.
- Straighten the Fins. Straighten any bent fins to increase air flow and efficiency.
- Level the Unit. Check the condenser level of your unit.
- Call a Professional! When in doubt, call a professional HVAC technician to schedule a consultation or maintenance checkup.
Contact the Experts at Silco Today
Do you have further questions about how to maintain your AC in the summertime? Don’t hesitate to contact Silco Plumbing & Heating today! Our expert HVAC technicians are highly skilled at what they do. Here at Silco, we’re always happy to offer our assistance, and we look forward to speaking with you.